Jobs / Brewer
The mission of Land-Grant is to bring our Ohio community together by building customer connections through our passion toward the craft, quality, and creativity of our beers and experiences. We build those connections by taking the lead in creating an inclusive and welcoming craft beer culture.
A Brewer at Land-Grant embodies our core values of: Operate with Integrity, Perform with Pride, Cultivate the Community, Foster Creativity & Fun and Pursue with Passion. This person must enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced environment while responding quickly and effectively to production and schedule changes.
With direction from the Brewing Lead and Head Brewer, the Brewer is responsible for wort production, yeast pitching, cellaring, transferring, kegging and the cleanliness of the brewery and production area. This individual will be required to perform all tasks and processes according to standard operating procedures. This position will have both quarterly and annual reviews with opportunities for growth and development.
Brewer Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure quality of raw ingredients
- Wort Production
- Milling, mashing, lautering, boiling, chilling
- Yeast pitching
- Ensure quality of yeast
- Ensure proper pitching amounts
- Monitor Fermentations
- Monitor Temperature profiles
- Yeast Harvesting
- Dry Hopping
- Using or not using a centrifuge or filter
- Keg washing and filling
- Recipe Development
- Work with Head Brewer
- As Land-Grant’s business objectives and strategies evolve, the duties and responsibilities within this role may expand based on the individual skill set of this person or Land-Grant’s needs.
- Ability to:
- lift 55 lbs to chest level
- be on your feet for 8 hours a day
- create unique, high quality recipes on demand
- Work in wet, tight, and noisy conditions
- Work with hazardous materials
- Mechanical troubleshooting aptitude with brewing equipment
- Proficiency in brewing and fermentation processes
- Working knowledge of canning and kegging operations
- Formal Brewing Education (B.S., M.S., or Certificate from an accredited program)
- This is a full-time position, with the following benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Performance-based incentive plan
- IRA MatchPaid training and development
- Paid time off
- Land-Grant discounts (including free beer!)
About Land-Grant Brewing Company
At Land-Grant, we welcome people (and dogs) from all walks of life. Anyone, regardless of their race, creed, nation of origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, veteran status, marital status, or age has a home here. Our “All Welcome” mantra means that love, progress, and acceptance will always have a seat at our bar.
Land-Grant Core Values
Operate with Integrity – be ethical, honest and respectful – always thinking about the well-being, safety, and satisfaction of both our employees and our customers.
Perform with Pride – take ownership and accountability for the quality of our work, our products and our experiences.
Cultivate the Community – be an inclusive, welcoming workplace, business and brand that invests in our partners, relationships and neighbors to strengthen connections.
Foster Creativity & Fun – center all efforts (design, brewing, experiences) around innovation, originality and enjoyment for our customer and each other.
Pursue with Passion – align individual skills and passions with the Land-Grant brand, while engaging with a team-first mentality to collectively achieve something greater than ourselves.