Packaging Operator Position
A Packaging Operator is responsible for assembling six packs, cases and pallets of canned product. They are also responsible for labeling cans. They should be knowledgeable with the canning line and its components to spot and report issues and abnormalities in the process. Quality is the highest priority on the canning line, they are responsible for spotting damage to labels, cans, or other packaging as well as damage to the beer. They are also responsible for cleaning kegs and filling kegs. This is a part time position that reports to the Brewery Production Manager.
- Assemble cardboard case trays for each canning run
- Assemble six packs manually or using the Pak-tech Applicator
- Assemble Full case trays with six packs
- Assemble pallets with full case trays
- Label beer as necessary using the automatic labeler or by hand
- Setup and run the Pak-tech Applicator and labeler
- Be able to clear jams in the Pak-tech applicator and labeler
- Have basic, working knowledge of all equipment on the canning line.
- Assisting in other packaging labor duties as required
- Setup and teardown the keg washer and filler
- Wash and fill kegs
- Other Duties as Necessary
- Follow all SOPs for job duties
- Follow all Quality Standards
- Follow all safety procedures
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices
- Must be able to be on your feet for 9 hours
- Must be able to lift a full case of beer continuously
- Must be able to team-lift full kegs
- Must be able to lift empty kegs continuously
- Must be Able to drive a forklift (Training Provided).