Vice President, Operations
The Vice President, Operations for The Land-Grant Brewing Company will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for providing day-to-day guidance and direction to leaders in Sales, Marketing, General Management, Brewery Operations, and Fiscal Management. This position will involve coordinating, supervising, managing, and training others. The VP Ops will make recommendations for overall program plans to accomplish the organization’s mission, vision, and goals while demonstrating the core values of creativity, customer-focus, passion, quality, respect, safety, and accountability. Applicants for this position should have experience growing mid-size companies, preferably in the craft brewery industry.
The following positions will report directly to the VP Ops: Communications Director, Director of Strategic Relationships, Director of Strategic Operations, Taproom Manager, Director of Brewery Operations, and the Accounting Manager. The VP Ops will supervise and work with these leaders and their respective operations. The VP Ops will participate in the development and implementation of the organization’s Strategic Plan, long and short term policies, documentation of procedures, process improvements, and succession planning for the overall organization.
- A strong focus on Land-Grant employee development, support, and engagement.
- Advise the CEO on strategic business development and key corporate planning issues and make recommendations on major business decisions.
- Shape and develop department strategy and organization. Ensure proper staffing and report structure within departments. Help determine resource allocation among departments. Facilitate resolution of issues between departments.
- Encourage managers to evaluate and take actions that are consistent with Land Grant’s overall strategy while acting as a sounding board when needed.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors and customers to ensure satisfaction with Land-Grant products and services.
- Drive development, implementation, and continuous improvement of organizational processes, procedures, and tools by challenging basic assumptions underlying each department’s operation.
- Ensure the organization is compliant with all federal, state, local and company business requirements.
- Develop and manage succession plans for the leadership team.
- Manage Key Performance Indicators for all systems in the organization.
Creative & Innovative Thinking – Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
Customer Focus – Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization; provides excellent service to internal and external customers.
Respect – Builds constructive relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
Safety Focus – Adheres to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices.
Accountability and Dependability – Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
Analytical – Analyzing information and using logic to make recommendations and decisions about work-related issues and problems.
Change Leadership – Manages, leads, and enables the process of change and transition while helping others to adapt to new processes and procedures.
Development – Willingness to delegate responsibility, work with others, and coach to develop their capabilities through feedback, instruction, and encouragement to ensure responsibility, accountability, and promote organizational efficiency.
Empowering Others – Conveying confidence in employees’ ability to be successful, especially with new and challenging tasks; allowing employees freedom to decide how they will accomplish their goals and resolve issues.
Ethics & Integrity – Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
Leadership – A willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction on day-to-day issues and long-term planning.
Organizational Awareness & Political Savvy – Uses knowledge of the workings, structure and culture of the organization and political climate to solve problems and accomplish goals.
Social Orientation – A preference of working with others (employees and customers), speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrating strong presentation skills and ability to direct productive meetings.