Land-Grant & Gravity Park Ride Operator Team Member
The mission of Land-Grant is to bring our Ohio community together by building customer connections through our passion toward the craft, quality, and creativity of our beers and experiences. We build those connections by taking the lead in creating an inclusive and welcoming craft beer culture.
Land-Grant is searching for a Taproom Team-Member who will embody our core values of: Operate with Integrity, Perform with Pride, Cultivate the Community, Foster Creativity & Fun and Pursue with Passion. This person must be outgoing, fun, and enjoy working in an exciting and fast-paced environment.
With direction from the Taproom Management Team, the Team Member will act as the face of Land-Grant & Gravity Park by helping in maintaining the culture of the company and fostering a positive brand experience within the taproom. This position will have both quarterly and annual reviews with opportunities for growth and development.
Ride Operator Team Member Responsibilities
- Loading guests in and out of bumper cars.
- Carrying out rules and regulations.
- Troubleshooting any operational issues that may arise with ride (handy w/a screwdriver!).
- Checking waivers prior to allowing guests on ride.
- Basic upkeep and reset of bumper cars, batteries, and ice.
- Maintain a clean, safe, focused, and productive environment on a daily basis.
- Use good judgment, communication, and excellent customer service with a customer-first attitude when interacting with Land Grant and Gravity Park guests.
- Maintaining a high level of customer service and cleanliness at all times.
- Open & willing to work in a larger Gravity Park experience.
- Assist in managing ride reservations via Tock.
- Additional Gravity Park related duties as directed by management.
Ride Operator Team Member Expectations
- Must adhere to laws and company policies pertaining to service of alcohol.
- Exhibits punctuality, dependability, and if the need arises, willingness to work unscheduled shifts.
- Must cooperate with management and co-workers, and assist with other duties if needed.
- Must communicate suggestions for improvement in a positive fashion.
- Must be able to adapt to change in the work environment, able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events (flexible – loves the LG experience).
- Must show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, promote a harassment free environment, build a diverse workforce, keep commitments, work ethically and with integrity, treat people with respect, inspire the trust of others, and uphold organizational values.
Ride Operator Team Member Requirements
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must be over the age of 21.
- Must be willing to work outside in all weather conditions.
Ride Operator Team Member Position Details
- This is a Part-Time position, with the opportunity to advance to Full-Time as business need allow:
- IRA Match
- Paid training and development
- Land-Grant discounts (including free beer!)
- The following benefits apply to Full-Time positions only:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Performance-based incentive plan
- Paid time off
About Land-Grant Brewing Company
At Land-Grant, we welcome people (and dogs) from all walks of life. Anyone, regardless of their race, creed, nation of origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, veteran status, marital status, or age has a home here. Our “All Welcome” mantra means that love, progress, and acceptance will always have a seat at our bar.
In Winter of 2023 we expanded with the addition of our Gravity Park location also in Franklinton. Taproom Team members will be responsible for operating and serving in both locations.
Land-Grant Core Values
- Operate with Integrity – be ethical, honest and respectful – always thinking about the well-being, safety, and satisfaction of both our employees and our customers.
- Perform with Pride – take ownership and accountability for the quality of our work, our products and our experiences.
- Cultivate the Community – be an inclusive, welcoming workplace, business and brand that invests in our partners, relationships and neighbors to strengthen connections.
- Foster Creativity & Fun – center all efforts (design, brewing, experiences) around innovation, originality and enjoyment for our customer and each other.
- Pursue with Passion – align individual skills and passions with the Land-Grant brand, while engaging with a team-first mentality to collectively achieve something greater than ourselves.